Thursday 4 October 2007

Part 1. The Idea




The idea was to get out of town for a few days, get a bit a walking in, sit under the stars, read, and think a little. The other part of the idea was to see if I could save a bit of money, and my knees by going camping, as well as get to France; something I try and do at least once a year. I'd never been to the Pyrenees, so checked out a few walks in the Lonely Planet Walking in France and spent some time on www.kayak.co.uk for flights and The Man in Seat 61 for trains, and settled on the walk "In the Shadow of Vignemale". This would take me to some of the most spectacular mountains in the Pyrenees and introduce me to the GR10. And I could take the Eurostar and a couchette all the way there. More research at Andy Howell's walking pages, and I was all set.

The following is a record of that week.

No comments: